Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meet Little A (2)


Hello, it's me again. I'm now nearly 20 months old. Soon I will be two. I am bigger now and have a new friend called Nanny. She feeds and plays with me and keeps me company when my parents aren't around. They're with me most of the time but sometimes go on adventures on their own and I stay home and have my own fun.

Here is a list of some things I like:
- riding escalators, lifts, the car, shopping trolleys and my stroller. The journey is sometimes more fun than the destination.
- swimming, climbing and running. Water in all its forms still fascinates me and I like splashing around in it, no matter how shallow or deep, clean or dirty. I can do stairs now and climb most things, even though I'm not allowed to.
- jumping. I recently learned to do this, and when I am excited, I bounce around and wave my arms about.
- playing with dogs.

And here are some things I don't like:
- sitting down for the whole of mealtimes. Boring. I explore my surroundings between bites.
- going to sleep on my own at night. Mum has to be there or else I won't sleep.
- attending children's parties where there are loud people shouting into microphones. The best parties are the ones where we can just play and eat when we want to.

These things I have mixed feelings about:
- going to playschool. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes it's boring.
- hanging out at my grandparents' house for long stretches of time. I think my folks are trying to train me into liking it so they can leave me there and go off by themselves for days. I'm on to them, though. And I think they know it.

That's enough for now. I'm sleepy.

No comments: