Christmas came and went in the blink of an eye. It was a busy one this year, with the usual round of dinners and parties and spending time with both sides of the family on Christmas Eve and Day. The week between Christmas and New Year's flew by equally fast, with time spent seeing old friends from far away and new ones closer to home.
Little A, at barely 18 months, coped quite well with the social whirl, and has now moved his internal clock so that he sleeps well past midnight and wakes up mid-morning. Hopefully we can readjust to more reasonable hours when the New Year begins.
Another year has gone by. 12 months, retrospect, can be summarized as follows:
The Good -
- our health; may it continue to be good in the years to come.
- two trips to Hong Kong and one to the mountains with the family.
- witnessing Little A's growth from a 6 month crawler to an 18 month old toddler.
- my husband's job, which made our bank balance healthier even as it kept him away from his family much of the time.
The Not-so-Good - (though each has a silver lining)
- not being able to bring in any income this past year.
- my husband losing his job, though the amount he was paid in severance will keep us afloat for many months, and now he spends much more time with us.
- not being able to spend much time with friends, though this was time spent with my son.
While 2009 may look bleak in terms of the world financial situation, we can do our part for ourselves and the world by being more generous, less selfish, more eco-friendly and less materialistic. Happy New Year, everyone!